Barny Haughton - chef, food educator, teacher www.barnyhaughton.com
Founding director as Square Food Foundation, Barny’s programme of Masterclasses subsidise Square Food’s community cooking workshops. Barny believes cooking can change your life and that everyone has a place at the table.
- The Glenfiddich Food and Drink Independent Spirit Award, May 2006*
- Award for Lifetime Achievement, Bristol Good Food Awards, June 2013*
- Rocinantes 1988 – 2000
- Quartier Vert: 2000- 2007
- Bordeaux Quay: 2006 -2009;
- The Royal Oak 2010-2012;
- The Folk House Cafe 2012 – present.
Barny has taught food and cookery education since 1998 when he founded Quartier Vert Cookery School. He is now Founder and Head Teacher at Square Food Foundation, The Park in Knowle West, Bristol
Barny teaches at The University of Gastronomic Sciences in Pollenzo, Italy and is a consultant in sustainable catering systems.
For more about Barny or to read his blog, visit www.barnyhaughton.com
“ A brilliant time, working with Evie was amazing and we all ate the curry at home - it was really nice ”Parent, Merchants Academy Primary