Cooking with schools and the community
Square Food Foundation has a ten year track record of working with schools and the wider community to deliver hands-on cookery and food education. As well as its work with schools, Square Food specialises in teaching basic cookery and other life skills to those facing exclusion or disadvantage.
- Key stages 1 & 2 – Whole school assemblies, After-school clubs, Cooking courses for parents and/or families.
- Key stages 3 & 4 – Workshops and courses to complement BTEC, NVQ and GCSE catering and hospitality courses.
- Sixth Form – The Park is a registered provider of education (including Catering and Hospitality) for 16-18 year olds. Click here for more information
- Food, Youth & Enterprise – A ten week course for yrs 8 & 9. How to set up and operate a food business and learn to cook.
- Staff training and Inset days – Inspiration, ideas & training for staff. Let us show you how to use your facilities, however modest, work for you.
- Adults with few or no qualifications – attend one of our FREE six week courses, run in association with the Learning Communities Team.
- Cooking for Change – a six week course in basic cookery and other life skills for any group of disadvantaged adults or young people NEET.
Come and see us!
Our purpose built cookery kitchen at the Park can accommodate up to 20 students cooking hands-on.
The kitchen is available for hire as a venue for parties, workshops and events. Contact us for more information
Let us come to you!
The Square Food Mobile Kitchen brings with it all necessary equipment, staff and ingredients to deliver assemblies, cookery workshops, after school clubs and family cooking courses…wherever you are!
Square Food is a recognised Healthy Schools food education provider.
“ I just wanted to repeat the thanks from earlier for a great cookery session. It was brilliant and enjoyed by all. The Maths work they produced was great! Thank you once again. ”Teacher, Bridge Learning Campus Primary (Maths and Cooking workshop)